Dalhousie is a beautiful lush green Hill station which is situated on 5 hills in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh on an altitude of 6,500 ft (1980 m). One of the best hill station of Himachal Pradesh for tourist, newlyweds couple for honeymoon and for trekkers this place also offers some treks in the lush green jungle.
In this blog, we are going to discuss place, what are the things you can do, how to visit Dalhousie and my experience at this place.
How to reach Dalhousie?
The distance between Delhi to Dalhousie is around 570 km. If you are going by your car or any vehicle then it would take approx. 12 hrs to Dalhousie from Delhi.
If you want to visit the place by bus then several private and state buses of HPTC (Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation) and HRTC (Haryana Road Transport Corporation) will be easily available from Kashmiri Gate Bus Terminal or Majnu ka Tila in Delhi as confirmed by Bus agent.
The minimum charges of the bus from Delhi to Dalhousie starts from ₹650 approx. for a state standard bus.
The nearest station from Dalhousie is Gaggal Airport which also known as Kangra Airport in Kangra district. This airport is around 130 km from Dalhousie which is quite far but you can take a taxi or bus from there to reach Dalhousie.
The nearest station to reach Dalhousie is Pathankot Railway Station. As the place is directly connected to the major cities of India and all trains are easily available from Delhi whether it is Superfast, Express or Mail trains.
From there you can take a taxi or bus and even you can get a shared cab from the railway station. The distance between the station and Dalhousie is around 80 km and you can reach Dalhousie in max. 3 hours.
Things to Do in Dalhousie
1. You must visit the amazing Satdhara Falls. It’s really beautiful and will surely make your day.
2. If you love trekking then you can trek Ganji Pahadi (Bald Hill)for a beautiful view, Daikund Peak Trek which is the highest peak of Dalhousie and offers a 360-degree iconic view of the mighty Himalayas and can also hike up to Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary which is covered with pine, and oak trees, and flora and fauna.
3. You can also enjoy para-gliding near to Khajjiar and don’t forget to bargain.
4. You can visit Panch Pulla waterfall which is just ok but you can enjoy the area and snacks from Shiva Cafe.
5. You can visit Khajjiar which is also known as Mini Switzerland of India, which I feel is Overrated place. There is nothing but oak and pine trees with lush green land with a lake.
Best Time To Visit Dalhousie
If you are Newlyweds couple then any month is best for you for honeymoon but apart from that March to May in summer season and who loves winter then December to February is the best time visit and enjoy the snow in a temperature below 0 degrees.
My Experience and Cost of my trip
I visited in May by my car and stayed at Zostel for 3 days and 2 nights. We mostly stayed at the hostel and visited Sach Pass in shared cab as managed by Zostel for ₹1,400 per person and the total expense including everything from Delhi-Dalhousie-Delhi was around ₹8,000. I enjoyed my trip with my best friend and visiting Dalhousie is worth.
Stay Safe, JAI HIND??